Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Gold in the Clay

I am not praying for the world but for those you have given me, because they belong to you: all I have is yours and all you have is mine, and in them I am glorified. I am not in the world any longer, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you.
Jn:17:9-11

Jesus gives his last great intercessory prayer for his disciples before leaving for the Garden of Gethsemane and his Passion and death. Knowing they were about to desert him, Jesus still said that in his disciples he would be glorified.

Jesus could see beyond the present fearful and confused knot of men his disciples were to the martyrs for him that they would become. Jesus can see beyond the common sinner, the stumbling follower that I am. His eternal vision has a place for me that glorifies him.

This raises the bar of my own vision of myself. It prompts me to do my utmost for his highest... today.

Lord Jesus, thank you for seeing gold in my miry clay, a saint among my sinfulness.  Help me see myself rightly as you do.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: