Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Here Comes the Judge

If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world. He who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already: the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.
Jn.12:47,48

Jesus is confronting the unbelief of the Jews. He emphasises that while he has come to save the world it is the word he has spoken that will judge the world.

It's sometimes tempting to take Jesus' words "I have come not to condemn the world, but to save" out of context. That would mean there is no judgement. However, Jesus is very clear there is to be judgement and the judge will be the word of God he has spoken.

It's good for me to be reminded that I will one day stand before the Judge as the book of my life is being read out and measured against God's Word.  God of Mercy, have mercy on me.

Jesus, help me hear your words and keep them faithfully. May your mercy triumph over judgement.
Little Flower, ,please pray for me.


No comments: