Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Welcome Footsteps

But they will not ask his (Jesus') help unless they believe in him, and they will not believe in him unless they have heard of him, and they will not hear of him unless they get a preacher, and they will never have a preacher unless one is sent, but as scripture says: The footsteps of those who bring good news are a welcome sound.
Rms.10:14,15

Today is the feast day of Saint Andrew the Apostle.  Paul writes to the Roman Church encouraging their evangelistic mission.  This continues to be the mission of the Church today.  How can the world believe and call on the name of Jesus unless it hears about Him first.

Are my footsteps a welcome sound? Will I bring Good News to those I meet today? It's so much easier to remain silent.  But that's not what I'm called to be.  A silent preacher is an oxymoron, and I'm not talking about how I preach.  I know preaching can be in words or action.  But the point is, I need to preach.  The Good News of Jesus must be proclaimed to my world that is literally dying to hear it.

Holy Spirit of God, encourage and empower me to be a bearer of the Good News of Jesus to those You send me to today.
Saint Andrew, please pray for me.

No comments: