Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Here and There

You will be hated by all men on account of my name, but not a hair of your head will be lost. Your endurance will win you your lives.
Lk.21:19
As we approach the end of the Church's year we focus upon end-times.  Jesus foretells a time of persecution for all believers before His final coming.  The persecution will happen purely because we follow Jesus.  The antidote Jesus offers is not to try and avoid it but to steadfastly endure it.  He promises that endurance will win our lives... in the end.

There is a 'here" and "there" tension in my faith.  "Here" there are troubles and persecution.  "There" is over the horizon, just out of reach for a time, but unimaginable happiness.  My faith has me here but looking to there.  As good as here is, it is just shadow-lands compare to what is to come.  So, no matter what happens, I can always look up. 

Lord Jesus, because of You I am a person of joy and hope as I await Your coming.  Maranatha, come Lord Jesus.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: