Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sinners into Saints

Jesus went out into the hills to pray; and he spent the whole night in prayer to God. When day came he summoned his disciples and picked out twelve of them; he called them ‘apostles’...
Lk.6:12,13


After a whole night spent in prayer, Jesus selects the twelve who are to be His right-hand men in His ministry.  He works with what He has got; unlettered, rough and imperfect men.  But in all but one, He turns sinners into saints.

I find this so encouraging, that Jesus can and does turn mud into gold.  He is the God of transformation. The Gospels are made up of him turning peoples lives around; from sorrow to joy, from sickness to health, indeed from death to life.  I am another of His transformation projects. Yes, a work in progress, but a transformation none the less.  What an exciting way to live!

Thank you Lord Jesus that you have chosen me and are transforming me.  Holy Spirit, help me be maliable in the Lord's hands that I may become the new man He has in mind for me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

Saint Mary of the Cross, please pray for me.
Saint Catherine, please pray for me.

No comments: