Saturday, October 23, 2010

Share of Grace

Each one of us has been given his own share of grace, given as Christ allotted it.... so that the saints together make a unity in the work of service, building up the body of Christ.
Eph.4:7,12


Paul is describing the unity in the Body of Christ, the Church and the role of the individual in that body. I have been given a "share of grace", a giftedness that is specifically given not for my edification but for building up the Church.

So what is my "share of grace"? I lead in praise and worship.  I sense I have other leadership "gifts" but I'm not sure where to apply them.  Certainly in my family, maybe somewhere and sometime in the Church.  The temptation is to sit on the gifts and not use them as they were intended.  Jesus' parable in today's Gospel is clear where that leads; " ...then you can cut it down”.

Lord Jesus, You give gifts according to Your perfect purpose.  Help me identify when and where I should be using my gifts that I may bear You much fruit.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: