Friday, October 15, 2010

No Need to Be Afraid

Can you not buy five sparrows for two pennies? And yet not one is forgotten in God’s sight. Why, every hair on your head has been counted. There is no need to be afraid: you are worth more than hundreds of sparrows.’
Lk.12:7

Jesus is at the height of His earthly ministry and crowds in their thousands are crushing around Him to listen.  He has just given a stern warning on being fearful of him who has the power to kill and then cast into hell. Jesus then counters this with the soft and loving image of a God who not only loves the common sparrow but loves man so much more.

Yes, there are things for me to fear and hell is one of them.  But Jesus does not want fear to be my motivation in life.  He is telling me every part of my body and soul is intimately know by God who loves me and to whom I am so very precious.  What a wonderful way to walk into this day.

Thank you Father for loving me so tenderly.  Your love for me is my gift I take into this day.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: