Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Guardian Angel

Feast of The Holy Guardian Angels

See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared.  Be attentive to him and heed his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority resides in him.
Ex.23:20,21

All three readings today remind us that we have angels who have been assigned by God to watch over and guard us:

  • See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way... (Ex.23:20)
  • For God commands the angels to guard you in all your ways.... (Ps.91:11)
  • See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.... (Mt.18:10)

What wonderful promises from God for me.   I walk into my day today knowing I am precious to God and that He has assigned specific angels to guard and guide me. My God would only do that because He loves me.

Angel of God, my guardian dear
to whom whom God's love commits me here
Ever this day be at my side
to light and guard, to rule and guide

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: