Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When Two or Three Gather

For where two or three meet in my name, I shall be there with them.
Mt.18:20

Jesus is teaching His disciples on protocol for handling disputes between brothers.  He then highlights what brotherhood means and why it is something so precious, something worth working hard at restoring when it has been damaged.  The sacredness of  Christian brotherhood comes from the reality that Jesus is part of it.  God himself is present when brothers meet in the name of Christ.

I have the incredible privilege of hosting a men's prayer group each Monday morning in my home. Quite often it is just two or three of us, but look who else turns up!  There is a deep mystery to this promise of Jesus, that the co-creator of the universe should be with praying believers, no matter how humble their circumstance.  We don't follow a distant, cold and uncaring God.  He can't wait to be intimate with us... with me.  This happens each time I gather with brothers in His name.

What a blessing my brothers in Christ are to me. I must acknowledge that today.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for the faithfulness of my brothers who gather in Your name with me so faithfully.  Thank you for your faithfulness in joining us each time we do so.
Little Flower, please pray for us.

No comments: