Friday, August 13, 2010

Sex is God's Idea

Have you not read that the creator from the beginning made them male and female and that he said: This is why a man must leave father and mother, and cling to his wife, and the two become one body?
Mt.19:4,5

Jesus is answering a question given to Him by some Pharisees to trap Him.  Knowing full well their true motive in asking, Jesus still takes the question at its face value and answers them.  He knows His answer won't be accepted by the Pharisees but He gives it anyway saying, "Let anyone accept this who can".


If I were to summarise Jesus' answer it would be; "Sex is God's idea".  God made the sexes for His good purpose and instituted marriage to create the best environment to exercise sexuality. Sex is good because it is of God.  It is the devil who perverts and twists it to try and claim it as his domain.  But no!  Sex is God's idea and it is something beautiful and something to cherish.

Thank you Lord for my sexuality, for making me a man who desires his wife.  Lord I pray that I may cherish and protect this gift you have given me. Help me to be a true lover to my wife.


Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: