Saturday, August 21, 2010

Humility

'The greatest among you must be your servant. Anyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and anyone who humbles himself will exalted.’
Mt.23:11,12

Jesus has just silenced the Sadducees and Pharisees and then warns the people not to copy what they do as they do not practice what what they preach.  He then goes on to describe the life of humility that is a sign of a true believer. The lifestyle Jesus promotes is one of humility, smallness, other-focused, selfless; all things that  are the opposite to what the world promotes, the me-centered life.

The upside down world of last-shall-be-first and least-shall-be-greatest that Jesus calls me to is actually the right way up world.  Everything is in order when I live this way.  Let's see if I can live it... today.

Lord Jesus, You know my self centeredness. Give me the attitude of humility that I may be exalted in Your eyes.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: