Friday, August 20, 2010

Love God and Love Others

Jesus said, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second resembles it: You must love your neighbour as yourself.
Matthew 22:37-39

To try and discredit Jesus the Sadducees had just given their "fish-hook" question about marriage which Jesus had deftly answered.  Not to be outdone, the Pharisees now have a go with the "What is the greatest commandment?" question.

The answer Jesus gives the Pharisees gives the most simple blueprint for the Christian lifestyle: Love God and love others.  On this every law and utterance of the prophets rests.  This means that everything I think, do and say must be measured against this... Has what I've just thought, done or said been an expression of loving God and loving others? What a challenge for me today!

Lord Jesus.  You are love personified. Be ever before me today that all I do is love You and love others.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: