Saturday, August 14, 2010

Let the Little Children Come

Jesus said, ‘Let the little children alone, and do not stop them coming to me; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.'
Mt.19:14


The disciples see children as the world sees them; insignificant, unimportant and a nuisance.  So they attempt to shoo them away.  Jesus sees children differently.  To Him they are significant, important and their characteristics He identifies as essential to entering the Kingdom of God.

If the Kingdom of God belongs to those with child-like character then I need to cultivate child-like characteristics.  What are they?  I look at my eleven-year-old daughter and get some idea.  She is:
  • Spontaneous
  • Now-focused
  • Laughs out load, often
  • Holds no grudge
  • Compassionate
  • Transperant
Wow!  These are enough to start with.  I have a way to go...

Lord Jesus, You welcomed and blessed the little children.  Help me cultivate a child-like character that I may belong to Your Kingdom.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: