Thursday, April 22, 2010

Right place at the Right Time

Third Week of Easter

SCRIPTURE
The eunuch turned to Philip and said, ‘Tell me, is the prophet referring to himself or someone else?’ Starting, therefore, with this text of scripture Philip proceeded to explain the Good News of Jesus to him.
Acts 8:34,35

OBSERVATION
Philip is prompted by an angel to meet the eunuch Ethiopian official on the road and engage with him.  The eunuch is reading scripture and puzzling at what it could mean.  The scripture is from Isaiah, the prophesy about Jesus being led like a sheep to the slaughter house.  The Eunuch asks the question, Philip gives the answer.  The eunuch was ready for the Gospel of Jesus Christ because he had asked the question.  Philip's presentation of the Good News had a powerful affect as the eunuch immediately asked for baptism.

APPLICATION
I'm reminded of a saying: "Don't give the answer until he asks the question".  Philip was in relationship with the eunuch, enabling the question that would change his life for ever to be asked.  I need to be more open to hearing an angel prompting me to be at the right place at the right time, to get into relationship with others so they can ask the question. I can then give the Good News of Jesus to them.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit.  Help me hear your promptings to get into the right place at the right time so I may meet others and give the Good News of Jesus when they ask the question.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: