Thursday, April 15, 2010

Anyone who Believes

Second Week of Easter

SCRIPTURE
Anyone who believes in the Son has eternal life, but anyone who refuses to believe in the Son will never see life: the anger of God stays on him.
Jn.3:36

OBSERVATION
John the Baptist is replying to his disciples who are complaining that Jesus is baptising and everyone is going to him. John  backs up the authority that Jesus has to do what He has come to do.  John not only recognises the divinity of Jesus but endorses His authority as the only way to eternal life.

APPLICATION
Christianity isn't just a nice way for nice people to live nicely.  It's a matter of life and death! When presented with who Jesus is (the Son of God) and why I need Him (for eternal life), there's no middle road.  I either accept or reject.  Today I accept what Jesus is offering me, eternal life.  What a privilege, what a gift!

PRAYER
Dear Jesus, my Lord and my God.  Thank you for what You have won for me and my loved ones... eternal life!
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: