Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Love Changes Everything

Second Week of Easter

SCRIPTURE

Jesus said to Nicodemus: ‘Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not be lost but may have eternal life.
Jn.3:16

OBSERVATION
Jesus concludes His conversation with Nicodemus by giving the most quoted verse of the Bible: "For God so loved the world..."  This secret meeting with Jesus changed Nicodemus' life forever.  He later speaks out for Jesus before the Pharisees and finally helps Joseph of Arimathea anoint Jesus body after the crucifixion. 

APPLICATION
That's what love does.  It changes everything.  Nicodemus, a Pharisee himself, had not found love in the Law, he found it in Jesus.  God so loved Nicodemus that He sent His only Son.  God so loves me...  This changes everything.

PRAYER
Jesus my Lord, my friend, my lover.  I place my trust in your love.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: