Wednesday, April 7, 2010

He is Risen Indeed!

Wednesday Octave of Easter

SCRIPTURE
Then they said to each other, ‘Did not our hearts burn within us as he talked to us on the road and explained the scriptures to us?’
LK.24.32

OBSERVATION
The two disciples were in confusion and despair.   All their hopes and dreams of how Jesus would "set Israel free" were dashed.  Jesus had been crucified. His body, a broken wreak like their dreams, had now gone missing.  What's left but to go home to Emaus and try and pick up their lives again.  But then they met the risen Lord and their hearts were set back on fire and their feet were set back towards Jerusalem.  Something had happened beyond their hopes, beyond even their wildest dreams.

APPLICATION
I am a resurrection person. After the agony of the Passion is the bursting joy of the Resurrection.  And each time I reflect on this my heart burns within me.  On this I place all my hope.  From this comes all my joy!

PRAYER
Alleluia, Christ is risen!  He is risen indeed. Alleluia!  Alleluia!

No comments: