Saturday, November 18, 2023

Persistence

I promise you, he will see justice done to them, and done speedily. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find any faith on earth?
Lk.18:8

Jesus finishes his parable of the unjust judge by promising God will come to the aid of those who pray persistently, "day and night". The key to fulfilled prayer? Faith.

My mother was an atheist for most of her ninety two years. For at least thirty of those years I and my family prayed for her conversion. She became a professed believer and was baptised five days before she died. 

Somewhere within those thirty years of intercession, our prayer changed from pleading to thanking God for what he was doing in my mother's life. It could have been my wife who led that change but it felt right, and more faithful, to pray with thanksgiving. 

This is a good reminder for me as I have other family who are in need of persistent prayer.

Thank you Jesus for what you have done, and are doing, in the lives of my family.


No comments: