Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Give Thanks

Finding himself cured, one of them turned back praising God at the top of his voice and threw himself at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. 
Lk.17:15

Jesus heals ten lepers, only one of which turns back to praise the source of his healing. 

Jesus' response to the one thankful leper hints that more than a physical healing has been gained by this man. "Your faith has saved you" declares Jesus. The other nine lepers are so caught up in the physical that they miss out on the spiritual. 

Ingratitude keeps me grounded, in the worst sense of the word. Gratitude lifts me up into the spiritual, where salvation awaits. Oh, I have so much to thank God for. Today I choose to have an attitude of gratitude.

Thank you Jesus for all you have done and are doing in my life.


No comments: