Thursday, November 16, 2023

Jack to a King

For, you must know, the kingdom of God is among you.
Lk.17:21

Jesus is answering a question from the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God was to come. Jesus' answer... now. 

The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are the same, but different, if such a thing is possible. Maybe it's better to say the kingdom of heaven is within the kingdom of God. Heaven is in heaven while the kingdom of God encompasses everything. So, the kingdom of God can be among us and even within us believers. 

At first this sounds too good to be true, but Jesus said it so I believe it. The kingdom of God within me... how wonderful and how scary. I'm a son of the King, which makes me a prince. Today I chose to live like one.

Thank you Jesus. You lift me up from beggar to royalty, from a Jack to a King. 



No comments: