Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Hope to be Saved

For we must be content to hope that we shall be saved – our salvation is not in sight, we should not have to be hoping for it if it were – but, as I say, we must hope to be saved since we are not saved yet – it is something we must wait for with patience.
Rms.8:24,25

Paul writes to the suffering Church of Rome that present suffering and future glory are two sides of the same coin. Our suffering is made bearable by the hope we have in attaining salvation.

"Are you saved brother?" The only honest answer I can give to this question is, " No, but I have every hope to be". Paul is very clear in saying that salvation is something to be waited for with patience. 

Faith is the sure belief that salvation will be mine in Jesus. Hope is based on that faith. Love for God and others is the result. Not a bad way to live out my day today.

Jesus, thank you for the sure hope you give me today. Help me pass on that hope to others I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: