Friday, October 20, 2023

A Sparrow

Why, every hair on your head has been counted. There is no need to be afraid: you are worth more than hundreds of sparrows.
Lk.12:7

While a crush of people is trying to see Jesus he turns to his friends with a warning (against hypocrisy) and encouragement (don't be afraid).

Every landmass on the planet has sparrows. I can hear them outside my window this morning as I write. They are the most prolific and so could be said to be the most successful of God's creatures. It follows that this quote from Jesus is among the most widely known. We all see the result of God's blessing on sparrows by their proliferation. And yet God wants to bless me even more than hundreds of sparrows. 

I have no need to be afraid. What is around the corner will come with or without my worry. I choose not to worry, knowing God knows me intimately and loves me mightily.

Thank you Jesus for your steadfast love. Morning by morning new blessings I see.



No comments: