Thursday, October 19, 2023

His Hand Withheld

In this way God makes his justice known; first, for the past, when sins went unpunished because he held his hand, then, for the present age, by showing positively that he is just, and that he justifies everyone who believes in Jesus.
Rms.93:25,26

Paul writes to the Roman Church declaring that Jesus has won justification for all believers, pagans and Jews alike.

I have experienced God's mercy both in the past and in the present; In the past as an unbeliever when he withheld his hand and the present as a believer when he still withholds his hand. Jesus' sacrifice protected me when, even as an unbeliever, I wouldn't acknowledge him. My indebtedness is huge.

Thank you Father for your mercy. Jesus, help me be an agent of mercy to those I meet today.


No comments: