Saturday, August 1, 2020

Shine

Feast of Saint Alphonsus de' Liguori
Your light must shine in the sight of men, so that, seeing your good works, they may give the praise to your Father in heaven.
Mt.5:16

Jesus instructs his disciples, telling them they are salt and light, that they are to make a difference in the world around them to the glory of God the Father.

The inference from Jesus is good works create the salt and generate the light. What are my good works today that can add flavour and generate light? 

I'm attending a funeral today for the mother of an old friend. He's not Christian and I'm not expecting a Christian funeral. Yet I attend as a believer. Maybe there will be opportunities to add flavour, to cast some light. If my faith has anything to say it has something to say about death.

Jesus, prompt me when to be silent and when to speak, for the glory of God the Father.
Saint Alphonsus Liguori, please pray for me.

No comments: