Sunday, August 23, 2020

Be Happy

 

‘Simon son of Jonah, you are a happy man! Because it was not flesh and blood that revealed this to you but my Father in heaven.'
Mt.16:17

Jesus has just asked the disciples who they say he is. Simon Peter replies, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus then defines what this revelation makes Peter. A happy man.

Who doesn't want to be happy. Here it is, the key to happiness. Acknowledge Jesus as the Son of the living God. I'm heading off to Mass this morning. There I will be reciting the Creed starting with, "I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,"  Once again happiness will be mine.

Jesus, you are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Thank you for the gift of happiness you give me today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.







No comments: