Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Ambassador for Joy

‘What can bring us happiness?’ many say. Lift up the light of your face on us, O Lord. You have put into my heart a greater joy than they have from abundance of corn and new wine.Ps.4:6,7

David writes a psalm in answer to the skeptics who seek happiness from the work of their hands. The greater, indelible joy comes from God alone.

I have lived on both sides of this divide. As I unbeliever, I remember being convinced that happiness came about only from what I seized for myself.  After discovering the joy that comes from loving others I saw how deluded I was in my tiny, self-centered world.

When joy comes from knowledge rather than possessions it can never be taken away. This joy is contagious as it is what all people seek. I can be be an ambassador of joy today.

O Lord, You have put into my heart a greater joy. Help me share this gift with others today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: