Saturday, December 8, 2018

Yes

‘I am the handmaid of the Lord,’ said Mary ‘let what you have said be done to me.’ And the angel left her.
Lk.1:38

The Angel Gabriel has announced God's plan of salvation to Mary. She, on whose yes or no hung the salvation of all, hung my salvation, was scared but said yes.

It was at the very moment of Mary's yes that Jesus was conceived in her womb. She's pregnant from that point on. There's power in a "yes". Possibilities become definites when a yes is spoken to a thought or invitation. Up until then a thought is just a thought, the invitation hangs.

Today I will be a "yes" man, in the best sense of the word.

Lord, help me be an encourager, a "yes" man today that your wonderful plans may be birthed through me.
Mary, Mother of God, pray for me.

No comments: