Friday, December 21, 2018

I am Loved

My Beloved lifts up his voice, he says to me, ‘Come then, my love, my lovely one, come. For see, winter is past, the rains are over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth. The season of glad songs has come, the cooing of the turtledove is heard in our land.
Song of Songs:2,10-12

The love poem of Solomon lays the foundation for the joy of this Advent season. God is head-over-heels in love with us, with me, and pursues me.

As a male I find it difficult to accept Song of Songs is a love poem about me, that I am the "lovely one". But there it is, that's who I am to God and that's why he has saved me and is coming back for me. Oh, what great joy! My God loves me!

Jesus, let your love soak in to my very being. Then your joy shall radiate from me, that I may be an authentic witness for you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: