Friday, December 14, 2018

Follow the Leader

Thus says the Lord, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I, the Lord, your God, teach you what is good for you, I lead you in the way that you must go.
Is.48:17

God speaks through Isaiah to call the Israelites back into following him, not the world.

Jesus allowed himself to be led, starting with being led by Joseph through the wilderness in Mary's womb. Later in life Jesus becomes the leader, but first he was led. But even when leading, Jesus was always following his father. "I do only what my father in heaven tells me".

There's a season for following and a season for leading but it's always time for following God. In fact I am only entrusted with leading when I have my eye firmly fixed on following "The Way".

Lord Jesus, often I am like a sheep, following my own path. I turn back to you, my shepherd. Come Lord and show me the way.
Saint John of the Cross, please pray for me.

No comments: