Saturday, September 16, 2017

Told by its Fruit

There is no sound tree that produces rotten fruit, nor again a rotten tree that produces sound fruit. For every tree can be told by its own fruit: 
Luke 6:43

Jesus is teaching his disciples how we exhibit in our lives what resides in our hearts. It's a law, like gravity, affecting everyone.

For a tree to be sound it needs to be well fed and well grounded. The analogy is obvious. Shallow roots lead to a crash in the first storm.

My grounding comes from the Church, from reading the daily readings, from spending time with God such as now.  This time is essential for my nourishment,for me to thrive and produce good fruit.

My daughter Rebekah (shout out) relies on my nurturing her roots while she's at home so that when she leaves she continues to search out nourishment for the good fruit she has experienced. What have I done to nurture her today?

Lord Jesus, help me provide good fruit for my daughter, so her heart in turn may be full of good.
Little Flower, please pray for us. 

No comments: