Saturday, September 30, 2017

Joyous Clown

I will turn their mourning into joy, I will console them, give them gladness for grief.
Jeremiah 31:13

Jeremiah prophesises that God will gather the scattered people and dwell in their midst. Joy will return.

This is a well known and loved verse, for good reason. It reminds me of the truth that no matter how bad, or good for that matter, things become today, great joy is always at the end of the journey for a believer. This is why I can always be joyful, no matter what.

This is why I am an optompist, why the glass is always half full not half empty. This is the Good News I carry into my day today.

Lord Jesus, you are my deliverer who is coming. You are my source of hope and joy. Help me pass on that joy to those I meet today.
Saint Francis, leader of the Joyous Clowns for God, pray for me.







No comments: