Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Mana

And his teaching made a deep impression on them because he spoke with authority.
Lk.4:32

Jesus is teaching in Capernaum at the start of his public ministry. The people had never heard anything like him. His authority stood out and above anyone they had encountered.

In New Zealand we have a Maori word for what Jesus displayed to the people here. Mana.

Mana (noun) - prestige, authority, control, power, influence, status, spiritual power, charisma.

I have experienced people with mana. And it is an experience, you don't just meet these people. You experience them. It was the experience of Jesus that so impressed the people. It also impressed demons, as shown when the demon in today's Gospel fled at Jesus' rebuke.

This mana, this spiritual power and charisma is available to me today. How? By plugging into Jesus' mana. His power and charisma can work through me to bring about God's Kingdom here on earth. What a joy...

Lord Jesus, without you I can do nothing. With you I can move mountains. Be my power source today that you may be glorified.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: