Saturday, April 4, 2015

He is risen indeed. Alleluia, Alleluia!

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gn.1:1

The first verse of the Bible lays the foundation for the rest of Holy Scripture. In the beginning was God....

Tonight in the Easter Vigil we hear the history of mankind as recorded in the Bible. It's a story of love and betrayal, faithfulness and infidelity. It's my story and it starts with God ...in the beginning.

The beauty of acknowledging that God started it all is that it then places the "end of it all" back in His tender, loving hands. No need to fear. Death has been absolutely, completely and finally defeated. Resurrection and eternal life await.

Alleluia, Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed, Alleluia, Alleluia!

Oh my Lord, you conquered death and rose again. I place my trust in You!
Mary Magdala, the first to spread the Good News of resurrection, please pray for me.

No comments: