Thursday, April 5, 2012

Be a Foot Washer

If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another's feet.
I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.
Jn.13:15


Jesus is in the upper room with His disciples at the Last Supper and, to their shock and discomfort, is washing their feet.  This last act of servitude sets the role His Church is to play from that day forward.

I've heard it said that the Christian Church is unique in that its sole reason for being is for the benefit of those who don't belong to it.  The Church is meant to serve the world.

This mission is only fulfilled when each member of the Church is serving... when I am serving.

Lord Jesus, You know how I struggle to remove myself from my center-stage.  Help me to serve others as You have served me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: