Saturday, March 10, 2012

You just can't Escape

The tax collectors and the sinners were all seeking the company of Jesus to hear what he had to say, and the Pharisees and the scribes complained. ‘This man’ they said ‘welcomes sinners and eats with them.’Luke 15:1,2

The scandal of Jesus has reached the notice of the Pharisees and Scribes as well as the outcast sinners.  They each respond so differently.  The tax collectors and sinners respond with joy, the Scribes and Pharisees respond with condemnation.  Jesus responds to both groups with love, much the same way the father of the prodigal son responds to his two sons.

The joy of the outcasts and the condemnation of the Pharisees both bring good news.  That Jesus should welcome those who have patently broken God's Laws is good news for me.  Why?  Because that is the group I belong to.  However, there are times when the Pharisee within me rises up and I find myself condemning and judgemental of  the very group to which I belong.  Good news!  Jesus loves me even when I am in that place.

Basically, there is no escaping from the love of Jesus.  It pursues me wherever I go.  Now that is good news.  It means I have the love of Jesus with me today, with me now...

Thank you Jesus that You accept me where I am today and love me so much that You won't leave me here.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: