Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Place

Does a woman forget her baby at the breast, or fail to cherish the son of her womb?  Yet even if these forget, I will never forget you.
Is.49:15


Isaiah the prophet is delivering God's message of love and compassion for all people.  He chooses the image of a baby at the breast of its mother to convey the nurturing love of God, an image that all people can relate to.

My son-in-law, daughter and baby granddaughter live immediately next door.  This gives me the opportunity most days to see my daughter mothering her baby.  She breast feeds and this is so obviously baby's happy place.  No matter how distressed she may be, mother's breast gives her peace, security and happiness.

God is telling me His compassion for me is even greater than my own mother's love.  When I am distressed, worried, hurt or upset, it is His loving arms that I can rush back to.  He is my happy place today.

Loving Father, thank you for your promise of love.  I lean into Your arms today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: