Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The River of Life

Wherever the river flows, all living creatures teeming in it will live. Fish will be very plentiful, for wherever the water goes it brings health, and life teems wherever the river flows.
Ez.47:9


The prophet Ezekiel is led by an an angel in a vision of the River of Life flowing from the temple.  Because of its source, the river brings healing and life wherever it flows.  The source is what makes this river different.  It flows from the holy temple of God.

My mother has been diagnosed with a melanoma.  Suddenly death and life are in sharper relief.  The promises of  Jesus and what He did to defeat death now take on a very relevant meaning.  God is the source of all life.  When I surrender any claims I have to giving and taking life, there is peace.  Death as we see it is only a veil to pass through to a far better place, free from pain and fear.  What a wonderful promise to take into my day!

Lord Jesus, You are the River of Life.  Flow through my family, through my mother, that healing and eternal life may reign.
Little Flower, please pray for us.

No comments: