Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ask Seek Knock

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him.
Mt.7:7,8


Jesus is giving His Sermon on the Mount, the greatest record of His teaching.  In today's Gospel verses Jesus focuses on how to be a disciple.  It appears that a disciple must be active in his searching for God.  He must ask, seek, knock.

When I look back over my faith journey I see it is the times that I am actively asking, seeking and knocking that I am closest to God.  Conversely, the times when I am passive, just cruising in my faith-life, gravity always takes over and I start to drift down and away from God.

Lent is a good time to re-energise my faith.  I think it is time to recommit to a daily Asking, Seeking and Knocking time.

Lord Jesus, please walk beside me during these forty days to Easter.  I have things to ask, thinks to seek and doors on which to knock.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: