Friday, March 30, 2012

The Friend of God

The Jews answered him, ‘We are not stoning you for doing a good work but for blasphemy: you are only a man and you claim to be God.’
Jn.10:33


The Jews are so infuriated by Jesus that they attempt to stone Him.  The reason for their fury?  Jesus' constant assertion that He is the only Son of the Father.

It's the divinity of Jesus that continues to upset people today.  Many would happily call him a good man, a powerful teacher, a prophet even, but he Son of God?  No!  The work of the spirit of anti-Christ is very active in this age.  

So, I continue to testify what I know is true.  Jesus is the Son of God and so He has a divine nature.  And yes, as the Son of God He suffered and died for all.... died for me.  It's good for me to remember this.

Jesus my Lord and my God.  To know You is to know the Father.  Help me become more your friend that I may be the friend of God.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: