Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Pills

I am sure I shall see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living.  Hope in Him, hold firm and take heart.  Hope in the Lord!
Psalm 27:13,14


Psalm 27 is such a great declaration of bold and firm faith.  It starts, "The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom should I fear!".  It finishes with the above verses proclaiming the source of every believer's hope and joy.

I'm quite often accused of taking "happy pills".  I am an optimistic person.  The glass is always half full to me. This morning's psalm has clarified where this comes from.  Jesus in my life has given me my firm hope and this in turn is a source of great joy for me.  This transcends the dust of daily battle where rubbish can still be found.  It even transcends the best of days when everything seems bright and sunny..  The very best of days still pales into insignificance when compared to the promised "land of the living".

Today I carry that firm hope and joy with me and let it shine in a world that needs the light that can only come from Jesus.

Lord Jesus, You are my light and my salvation. You are the source of my joy, I place my trust in You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: