Wednesday, September 4, 2024

A time for Milk A time for Meat

I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it;
1Cor.3:2

Paul writes to the Church in Corinth to entreat them to stop behaving like children, forming little sects. He wants them to grow up and be unified so they are no longer fed on milk but on meat.

I am for Paul, I am for Apollos, I am for Charismatics, I am for Marian devotion. We form little cliques at our peril. The Church is big enough for all expressions of faith, but not at  the exclusion of others. Our differences become our strength once we accept and embrace them all. 

However, there is still a time for milk. During my conversion, my milk was children's Christian music. The simplicity of their message helped me step over my over-thinking adult mind. I need to return to that milk occasionally. 

Jesus, your simple message of love is milk for my soul. 

Jesus loves me this I know,
for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong,
they are weak but he is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me,
the Bible tells me so.


No comments: