Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Heavy Lifting

The Son of Man must be lifted up as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
Jn.3:14,15

Jesus is explaining to Nicodemus where he came from, heaven, and what must be done with him, be lifted up.

I just can't ignore Jesus. He's either dead in the tomb or alive and lifted up. I have to make a choice. Moses' bronze serpent miraculously gave life when lifted up. Jesus says he can do the same if we lift him up, and we're talking about eternal life here. 

Previous verses hint at who will do the heavy lifting in us, the Holy Spirit. I can't lift Jesus up alone. I need the power of the Holy Spirit blowing and flowing within me.

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth.

No comments: