Friday, April 19, 2024

Hear and Obey

Then Ananias went. He entered the house, and at once laid his hands on Saul and said, ‘Brother Saul, I have been sent by the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on your way here so that you may recover your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.’
Acts.9:17

Ananias wanted to run away from Saul. Jesus told him to run to him. In his obedience he gave Saul a gift. New sight and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus called Ananias and Ananias heard him, remonstrated but finally obeyed. There have been times I have not wanted to do something yet have felt compelled, convicted even, to do it. Each time I have been obedient, the Holy Spirit has been involved. 

I need to hear and obey if I want the Holy spirit to work in my life. What an exciting way to live.

Jesus, you know my fears. Help me overcome them and obey. Come Holy Spirit.
Saint Ananias, please pray for me.


No comments: