Thursday, April 18, 2024

Guide

When Philip ran up, he heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, ‘Do you understand what you are reading?’ ‘How can I’ he replied ‘unless I have someone to guide me?’ 

Philip is directed by the Holy Spirit to a divine appointment where he helps a man ultimately receive new life in Jesus. How did he do this? By guiding him.

I was guided by various people in my conversation and early days as a Christian. I am forever grateful to these good souls who not only talked but walked the talk. 

One of the names of the Holy Spirit is Paraclete, or guide. Each time I guide someone in their faith walk it is the Holy spirit working through me, just as he did through Philip. What an honor. What a joy.

Holy Spirit, guide me to guide others as you did with Philip, that all may be drawn to Jesus.
Saint Philip, please pray for me.


No comments: