Friday, April 12, 2024

Hand it Over

Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?
Jn.6:9

Jesus sees the need and the solution to the five thousand's hunger. The apostles only see the problem. The little boy simply sees Jesus.

I'm often like the apostles. Problems loom large, sapping energy and faith. The little boy wouldn't have known how Jesus would use his humble offering, he just gave it anyway. His open mouthed, simple gaze showed all the faith needed for Jesus to perform one of his greatest miracles. 

The lesson here. Yes, acknowledge the problem then turn to Jesus and offer whatever meager resource I have towards solving it. Then, and this is the key, leave it with Jesus to take care of. When I do this, problems become opportunities for miracles to happen.

Jesus, I place my trust in you.



No comments: