Friday, February 2, 2024

Presented

The parents of Jesus took him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord.
Lk.2:22

Jesus is presented to God. God says, "Great, now this is what he will do... be a light to the nations and a deliverer of my people." 

Although today is the Feast of the Presentation I can't help being drawn to my own presentation, my baptism. I was one year old when baptised in a Presbyterian church. Even though I drifted away to atheism, that indelible mark was upon me.  I believe my baptism saved me from mortal sin even during my unbelieving years. 

I love to picture my mother and father carrying me, presenting me, to God saying, "This is our beloved son in whom we are well pleased". God then says, "Me too!"

Thank you Lord for receiving me even while you knew I would deny you. 

Saints Simeon and Anna, please pray for me.


No comments: