Thursday, February 15, 2024

Die to Live

If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross every day and follow me.
Lk.9:23

Jesus reveals what it takes to live as a disciple... death.

Death as Jesus talks about it isn't the final end of the story. It is a door to new life. That has certainly been my experience. The death of my old man gave birth to a new man, a baby full of new life. 

In A Christmas Carol, I love how Scrooge declared on waking from his terror with the Spirits of Christmas, "I don’t know anything. I’m quite a baby. Never mind. I don’t care. I’d rather be a baby.” That Christmas Day was the first day of his new life.

Jesus says this death needs to happen daily. Today, again, can be the first day of my life!

Jesus, today I die so I may live. Oh what joy!


No comments: