Monday, February 5, 2024

His Healing Touch

They laid down the sick in the open spaces, begging him to let them touch even the fringe of his cloak. And all those who touched him were cured.
Mk.6:56

Jesus' fame had gone before him and now crowds of sick are being healed, simply by a touch.

In this Gospel account, the invitation to touch comes from Jesus while the initiative to touch comes from the toucher. In my own experience of a wonderful healing, I had to invite Jesus in, touch him, to receive the healing. 

Jesus heals through relationships, either directly with the person in need of healing or through "friends of friends". Our God is a personal God who wants to touch our lives.

Jesus, I touch you anew this morning. Heal me so I may bring others to your healing touch.
Saint Agatha, please pray for me.


No comments: