Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Way The Truth and Life

I am the way, the truth, and the life, says the Lord; no one comes to the Father except through me.
Jn.14:6

Today's Gospel Acclamation has Jesus making a bold, provocative declaration. He is the only way to God the Father. 

Jesus is answering Thomas's question, "How can we know the way?" The answer is simple and clear. Know Jesus and know the way. Other religions may have elements of truth, Christianity has the complete truth, in fact, truth incarnate. 

This is a great incentive to hang out with Jesus to get to know him better. Today I can find him in holy scripture, in the sacraments, in other Christians, even in the beautiful spring day that is unfolding outside my window. He is there, waiting for me, wanting to show me the way, the truth and life. 

Jesus, in you I place my trust. Walk with me today and show me the way.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: