Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Shout Less Listen More

"What description can I find for the men of this generation? What are they like? They are like children shouting to one another while they sit in the market-place."
Lk.7:31,32

Jesus vents his frustration with the fickleness of people with which he is trying to communicate. He damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

"Children shouting at one another while they sit in the marketplace". Boy, doesn't that describe our social media saturated society. Everyone shouting, no one listening, all very shallow. 

This is a good reminder for me to be more mindful of my social media use. I've recently started a new discipline by observing "No Device Sundays". It's quite liberating. I started talking with my family. They seem like nice people.

Jesus, help me shout less and listen more.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: